This recipe is the one we use in our Sous Chef meals. Love it!
I recommend having a Sous Vide machine, but it isn't required.
- 3 dark quarters or 8-10 drumsticks or 5 thighs
- 1 stick of unsalted organic butter (melted if you don't have a vacuum sealer
- 1/3C lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1/4t dried thyme
- 2t sea salt
- 1 cup of chicken broth (or water)
- Corn starch or rue
- 1 jar capers
Instructions to prep:
- Put the chicken into a ziplock or vacuum sealable bag along with butter, lemon juice, thyme and salt.
- Remove all of the air and seal.
- Preheat some water in a pot large enough to submerge the bag, about 180 degrees
- Place the bag into the water and put a glass bowl or measuring cup on top to keep it submerged.
- Place pot into a 170 degree oven for 10-12 hours (or sous vide)
- Store in your fridge or freeze or use right away.
Instructions to complete before serving:
Watch the video to see how to complete the dish.
- Put chicken and sauce into pan, add 1/2 C of broth, cover and simmer until warm (about 10 min).
- Remove chicken and place into another pan skin side down. Cook over med-high heat to crisp skin.
- Add 2T of corn starch to about 1/4C of broth in a small bowl and combine.
- Whisk into pan until gravy thickens up how you'd like. You may add more corn starch if needed. (or use a rue instead of corn starch)
- Add jar of strained capers to gravy and turn off heat.
- Serve with fresh lemon over mashed potatoes or side of your choice.
Feb 05, 2016 at 10:37 PM
Wow, I was extremely popular in my house when I made this! The whole family couldn't get enough of it. We served it over brown rice instead of potatoes, only because we already had some cooked. But I can see it being delicious either way. Great recipe!
Add a Comment
Add a Comment