Remember the restaurant Pannekoeken? Here’s our version.
These pancakes are quick, easy and super tasty. They aren’t so great for those of you on a traditional or GAPS diet… but whatever, go for it! These taste great and have lots of healthy short and medium chain saturated fats and CLAs thanks for the pasture raised butter, eggs and coconut oil.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees. We like to use convection bake if available.
2. Melt the butter and coconut oil in your pan and set half aside.
3. Cook the apples in the pan with the remaining butter/oil for a few min over medium heat.
4. Add the eggs to a 4 or 8 measuring cup, then the flour and then liquid (water/milk). Add in the salt, vanilla. sugar and cinnamon.
5. Using an immersion blender, whip the batter together so that it is smooth and has lots of air in it. Add in the reserved butter/oil mixture while blending.
6. Place the batter into the hot pan then into the center of your oven for 8 min if using convection, or another couple of min if not. The edges should be browned, and the inside soft and glorious. Serve immediately and top with a jam, syrup, powdered sugar, or whatever.
Add chocolate extra for an awesome (and healthier) treat:
A bit of sugar isn't a bad idea to add if you didn't add any before (not as healthy):