- 3 lb. pasture raised pork roast
- 1 quart of homemade chicken broth (or water if you’re out of broth)
- 15 oz. canned tomatoes (we use frozen tomatoes from our summer garden or CSA)
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 T. mustard
- 3 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. sweet paprika
- 1 T. smoked paprika
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper (or more if you want it spicier)
- 1 ½ t. salt
- ½ - 1 t. pepper
- 1 c. pineapple chunks from a can
- ¾ c. pineapple juice from the can
- Put the pork (frozen or thawed) in your slow cooker and pour in about a quart of broth.
- Cook on low overnight if thawed or for a full day if frozen.
- When cooked, shred the pork and drain any extra liquid.
- Combine all other ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add to slow cooker with shredded pork (you may not need all the sauce, depending on the size of your roast) and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
The sauce will cook down, so add a little more than you’ll eventually want for the final consistency. Freeze the extra sauce to use for another batch.