Another way to use your pepperoni
We don’t generally have extra pepperoni to use for anything besides pizza, but we thought we should probably find another option for anyone looking to be more creative than we are! This recipe is quick to cook and uses ingredients that we generally have in the house. We don’t eat pasta often so when we do we want to make sure it is something really good!
- 1 lb. spaghetti or other pasta
- 2 T. chopped onions
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2/3 c. chopped sliced pepperoni
- 1 1/2 c. frozen peas, thawed
- 4 T. minced parsley
- Boil the pasta until done.
- While it is cooking, heat butter and oil in a large skillet and cook the onion slowly to caramelize.
- Add pepperoni and peas and saute, stirring for 1 minute.
- Reserve 1 c. pasta water and drain pasta. Add pasta, parsley to the pepperoni mixture, adding cooking water as you like to make it a little saucy.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!