A member shared her family's favorite recipe with me this week. She calls it 'Lazy' because it is so simple to make!
Here's the lazy recipe for Barbacoa that our family loves. This recipe calls for an electronic pressure cooker (i.e. Instapot); however, you could make it in a regular slow cooker / crockpot.
- 1 TC Farm Chuck Roast (thawed with bone removed, cut into a few large pieces)
- 1 C broth
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 4-5 whole cloves garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 - 1.5 tsp salt
- fresh jalapeño cut up and thrown in to suit your taste (sometimes we leave it out and make a spicy gauc on the side instead).
- Put meat in the instant pot add all other ingredients on top (I don't personally brown the meat - remember "lazy recipe".
- Cover and push "Manual", set timer for 50 min. Let Instant Pot come to pressure and cook meat and then allow it to de-pressurize naturally (i.e wait until it cools and pressure dissipates to open).
- Take meat out and use a fork (or handheld meat claws) to shred.
- While you are shredding, put instapot to saute (at medium or normal temp) and allow the sauce to cook down. Add shredded meat back in!
- Top with guacamole and serve on top of mashed cauliflower, or make your own burrito bowls by making rice and beans on the side.
If using a slow cooker instead of an InstaPot, you'd want to cook this for 7-10 hours on low until the meat is tender and shreds. You can set the crockpot to high for the 'simmer' stage or transfer to a saucepan on the stove.
Add a Comment
Add a Comment