Set oven to 350
- Add butters to a medium glass mixing bowl and warm in microwave until butter is melted and peanut butter is soft
- Add remaining liquid ingredients and stir well
- Add dry ingredients and mix well
- Scoop onto a silplat baking sheet in about 1.5" balls (I recommend a #30 sized scoop)
- Smash the balls flat and top generously with sugar
- Bake for 10 min
- Allow to cool in the pan until they are solid enough to transfer to a cooling sheet or plate.
- They are delicate cookies, allow (most) to fully cool before eating. They are better at room temp anyhow.
- Tell your friends to checkout this recipe because it will be the best cookies they have ever had too!
I can't stress how useful a scale is for this type of recipe. I wrote a bit more why in a blog post here, complete with links to product reviews.
I also really like having a 100% stainless steel cooling rack. So nice not to have coated cooling racks that flake off chemicals into the food or cheap ones that rust. I use it to torch sear foods after sous vide or even right out of our pre-cooked Sous Chef packages!