Betsy found this easy recipe that was so refreshing we wanted to share!
You don't have to make your own pesto, but it is so good when fresh.
- One whole spaghetti squash
- 1 cup pesto
- Tomato, around 4 plum tomatoes or 1 pound cherry, bite sized pieces
- Garnish of fresh basil and parmesan
- Boil the whole squash for about 40 minutes until tender
- Drain and allow to cool, then split in half lengthwise
- Scrape out seeds and the strings attached to seeds. Discard
- Scrape out flesh from the skin and transfer to a sauce pan -- it will come out in clumps and seperate
- Gently add pesto and tomatoes, warm if needed
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan
We love making fresh pesto. It also is really good frozen (and lasts a long time).
Click the image below to view our recipe.