This compote is a great addition to pancakes or French toast. It also works great as a topping to yogurt.
Equal amounts of:
- Chopped Rhubarb (moderately small pieces)
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan
- Cook over low heat until the rhubarb is tender, but still holds its shape, stirring as needed (~5min)
- Remove the rhubarb with a spoon and set aside in a bowl, leaving the remaining liquid in the pan
- Cook for another few minutes or so until the liquid thickens up as desired, then add to the rhubarb
- Enjoy your compote!
Consider adding strawberries or other fruit as well!