- 1lb ground pork, beef or turkey
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 lb shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice or quinoa
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch scallions or 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sriracha or chili sauce
- 1 cups veggie or chicken stock
- 1 head of Napa cabbage leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare filling by combining ground meat, carrots, cooked rice, garlic, ginger, onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Wash and dry cabbage leaves. Use a rolling pin to flatten the leaves to make them easier to roll.
- Spoon filling into each leave and roll as tightly as possible and place side by side in a large baking dish. Pour stock over the cabbage rolls and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
Optional: Top with sriracha for extra kick and color.