- 3 poblano chiles
- 12 cups grated or thinly sliced green cabbage (from about 2 medium heads, cores removed)
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
Charring the Peppers:
- Heat grill to 450°F. Place poblanos directly on the hot grill, cook until the skin is charred, 12 to 15 minutes, turning a few times.
- Turn oven on broil. Place poblanos on a silicone or parchment paper lined baking tray. Broil on high for 5 -7 minutes per side.
2. Transfer peppers to a cutting board to cool before removing the stems and seeds then finely chop. Don't discard the charred skins.
3. In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined.
4. In a large bowl, combing cabbage, poblanos, scallions, vinegar, sugar and salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Pour off excess liquid.
5. Add dressing and toss until well combined.