1) Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and Italian herbs.
2) Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, squeeze lemon slice, and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat. Leave breast whole or shred, if desired.
3) Add onion to skillet and cook on medium-high heat until cooked through and lightly caramelized. 3-5 minutes.
4) Cut bread loaf into long slices, half, and spread layer of pesto
5) Add chicken and cheese. Toast in the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes
6) Add onion, microgreens, and tomato if desired. Drizzle balsamic glaze on top.
Recipe by Hannah Francis