Leave (most of) the organic cooking to us!
We'll be the first to admit -- real life can get pretty busy. Just because you don't have time to cook doesn't mean you need to settle. That's why we came up with our Sous Chef meals. These treats are (almost) ready to eat. It's like having a sous chef in your kitchen: Leave the prep work to us, we've got you covered!
Just like all of our other foods:
- No soy
- No gluten
- No artificial binders
- No nitrates
- 100% pasture raised
- 100% delicious
- Organic ingredients
In our Sous Chef meals, you will find some of the following:
- Smoked BBQ pork ribs (St. Louis or Baby Back)
- Smokey beef brisket and gravy
- 48 hour beef short ribs with gravy
- BBQ slow smoked pulled pork shoulder
- Smoked Texas style beef ribs
- Lemon-butter chicken - sous vide dark quarters
Simply meals you can trust
We've picked out the best ingredients for each recipe:
- Organic spices
- Organic veggies (onion, carrots, celery)
- Organic lemons
- Organic butter
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- Real hickory or cherry smoke
... and of course, Minnesota's own TC Farm organic fed chicken, grass fed beef and pasture raised pork!
We spent months thinking of which recipes to offer and tried out so many combinations ingredients and cooking techniques. The meals we finally chose all take us hours to prepare just right but only minutes for you to finish in your kitchen. Take our smoked brisket for example: grass-fed brisket is leaner than the feedlot variety. We tried traditional smoking techniques, but they always ended up too dry. Instead we came up with a modern twist to smoked brisket: Sous Vide for 40+ hours in organic apple cider vinegar, carrot, onion and salt. We saved the gravy and then low temp smoked the brisket for a day.
The result is a tender texture in-between a pot roast and the best ribeye you've every tried with a nice smokey flavor. Sliced thick, it is ready to eat. Fantastic by itself or on an open face sandwich with the gravy.
48 hour smoky brisket with optional gravy
How to Get your Sous Chef Meals:
If you're a member, simply request the Sous Chef box (#190) for your next delivery using the special request form.
If you don't want to miss out on your regular delivery, request the Sous Chef meals as an 'add on' and we will send you a separate invoice.
If you're NOT already a member, then join today! We've been growing and changing... Over the years, we've figured out how to meet most family's needs and would be excited to have you in the group.
We don't have near-term plans to offer the Sous Chef boxes to the general public, but hope to include them in our samplers later this year.
Cooking Instructions for Sous Chef Meals
Organic Lemon Butter Chicken
Active Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Unwrap and place in sauce pan (still cold from fridge or frozen if needed)
- Add 1/3 cup of broth or water
- Cover and over medium heat, bring up to temp so it is warmed, but not up to temp yet (about 10 min from refrigerated temp)
- Remove dark chicken quarters, add to a hot pan skin side down to crisp up
- Whisk in 2 tablespoons of corn starch into 1/4 cup of broth or water and whisk into pan slowly until you get the thickness you'd like for your gravy
- Add a jar of strained capers (2.4 ounces, strained)
- Serve over roasted garlic mashed potato, and squeeze fresh lemon juice on top!
Organic Sauced Pork or Beef Ribs
Active Prep Time: 5 Minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
Simplicity Level: SUPER SIMPLE
These are a sure crowd-pleaser and so easy to make. All you need to do is warm and serve!
- Remove plastic wrap
- Place on a pan and into the oven
- Set your oven to 350 degrees (a convection oven will help)
- Once they are warmed through, they are ready to eat (maybe 20 minutes)
Tip: Try grilling these ribs over hot coals to warm them for a great flavor!
Organic Seasoned Grass Fed Short Ribs
Active Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Our grass fed short ribs are amazing. If you can warm some things up on the stove and spend a few minutes whisking to make some roux, you can have an amazing meal your whole family will love!
All you need:
- 1/2 stick of organic butter
- 5 tablespoons of organic flour
- Remove ribs from package and place into stockpot Tip: As you can see from the video, a bigger pan would really have helped a lot here. Use a bigger pan!
- Simmer to warm up
- Melt half a stick of butter (2 ounces)
- Add 5 tablespoons of flour and whisk over medium heat until it is light brown (darker = more toasted flavor)
- Remove short ribs and veggies. Optional - sear the top of the short ribs on a hot pan
- Simmer sauce and whisk in half of the roux (or use 2 tablespoons of corn starch that was whisked into 1/4 cup of broth/water) Continue whisking over heat and adding roux until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Pour sauce over short ribs and serve
Pulled Pork with Organic Sauce
Prep Time: Faster than You Can Imagine
Our pulled pork is ready to eat!
- Simply eat it in a sandwich!
- Or heat it up and serve with rice and potatoes.
- Or anywhere else you'd like!
It doesn't get any easier than this...
Smoked and Salted Sous Chef Chicken
Prep time: None (Just warm and then crisp up to eat!)
Our Sous Chef Chicken is also available as smoked and salted. The drumsticks and wings are smoked and then sous vide.
Great for when you are in a hurry!
To use, simply warm in hot water to remove from the package and then crisp them up. Enjoy with just a touch of finishing salt, add a favorite sauce, or shred them and use them in any recipe that calls for shredded chicken (tacos, curry, chicken salad, and more!)
Be sure to save those bones to make some amazing stock, too!
Smoked Grass Fed Beef Brisket and Gravy
Prep time: None (or 10 minutes if you want gravy)
Our brisket takes 48 hours to slow cook and smoke. Getting grass fed brisket to be tender and tasty really took a lot of experiments. We tried making 'beef bacon' with it, but weren't quite happy with that and went through all kinds of different brisket recipes. I think this one hits the mark and I hope you'll enjoy it too!
We decided to package them sliced and ready to eat, but also in most boxes include a gravy package that can be used for the brisket or on anything else you'd like (potatoes, slow cooked chuck roast, etc)
To make the gravy, just follow the same directions as the lemon chicken or short ribs above (using either the corn starch or flour roux as the base). I think the butter roux from the short ribs would be best if you can eat gluten.
I love our brisket open face on sour dough that has been fried in butter and lavished with the gravy, with a side of mash potato. I also just eat it all by itself as a nice snack or even on a meat/cheese plate. Warm the brisket in a pan over medium heat or a toaster oven... or just eat it cold!
Since this isn't a cured product like summer sausage, be sure to use up within 4-5 days after opening the package just like you would with any beef leftovers.