Leave (most of) the organic cooking to us!
We'll be the first to admit -- real life can get pretty busy. Just because you don't have time to cook doesn't mean you need to settle. That's why we came up with our Sous Chef meals. These treats are (almost) ready to eat. It's like having a sous chef in your kitchen: Leave the prep work to us, we've got you covered!
Just like all of our other foods:
- No gluten
- No artificial binders
- No synthetic nitrates
- 100% pasture raised
- 100% delicious
- Organic ingredients
In our Sous Chef meals, you will find some of the following:
- Smoked BBQ pork ribs (St. Louis or Baby Back)
- Smokey beef brisket and gravy
- 48 hour beef short ribs with gravy
- BBQ slow smoked pulled pork shoulder
- Smoked Texas style beef ribs
- Lemon-butter chicken - sous vide dark quarters
Simply meals you can trust
We've picked out the best ingredients for each recipe:
- Organic spices
- Organic veggies (onion, carrots, celery)
- Organic lemons
- Organic butter
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- Real hickory or cherry smoke
... and of course, Minnesota's own TC Farm organic fed chicken, grass fed beef and pasture raised pork!
We spent months thinking of which recipes to offer and tried out so many combinations ingredients and cooking techniques. The meals we finally chose all take us hours to prepare just right but only minutes for you to finish in your kitchen.
Take our meatloaf for example. (Yes, our meatloaf is worth showcasing!)
We love it because like our other meals, the meatloaf is cooked in a way that most home chefs couldn't pull off. We spent a good year testing several modern cooking techniques to get a tender light texture not typically associated with meatloaf.
It is ready to eat... We lightly smoke and then sous vide the meatloaf so you can just slice thick, sear and enjoy.
Two varieties are available now, a classic 'grandma' style and also a salsa version. The salsa version is now our go-to meal instead of cooking up tacos. We sometimes use tortillas, but often just add toppings.
We love going from frozen to a great meal in a few minutes!
How to Get your Sous Chef Meals:
If you're a member, simply request any of our Sous Chef items for your next delivery via your regular shopping cart.
If you're NOT already a member, then join today! We've been growing and changing... Over the years, we've figured out how to meet most family's needs and would be excited to have you in the group.
Cooking Instructions for Sous Chef Meals
- Unwrap and place in sauce pan (still cold from fridge or frozen if needed)
- Add 1/3 cup of broth or water
- Cover and over medium heat, bring up to temp so it is warmed, but not up to temp yet (about 10 min from refrigerated temp)
- Remove dark chicken quarters, add to a hot pan skin side down to crisp up
- Whisk in 2 tablespoons of corn starch into 1/4 cup of broth or water and whisk into pan slowly until you get the thickness you'd like for your gravy
- Add a jar of strained capers (2.4 ounces, strained)
- Serve over roasted garlic mashed potato, and squeeze fresh lemon juice on top!
Simplicity Level: SUPER SIMPLE
These are a sure crowd-pleaser and so easy to make. All you need to do is warm and serve!
- Remove plastic wrap
- Place on a pan and into the oven
- Set your oven to 350 degrees (a convection oven will help)
- Once they are warmed through, they are ready to eat (maybe 20 minutes)
Tip: Try grilling these ribs over hot coals to warm them for a great flavor! (This is my favorite method)
Extra Tip: If you have a sous vide machine, just put the entire package in the sous vide and set to 155F until warm and THEN unwrap the plastic and serve.
Note: The video shows tin foil being included in the package, we no longer include the tin foil because we found the ribs cooked better without it.
Our grass fed short ribs are amazing. If you can warm some things up on the stove and spend a few minutes whisking to make some roux, you can have an amazing meal your whole family will love!
All you need:
- 1/2 stick of organic butter
- 5 tablespoons of organic flour
- Remove ribs from package and place into stockpot Tip: As you can see from the video, a bigger pan would really have helped a lot here. Use a bigger pan!
- Simmer to warm up
- Melt half a stick of butter (2 ounces)
- Add 5 tablespoons of flour and whisk over medium heat until it is light brown (darker = more toasted flavor)
- Remove short ribs and veggies. Optional - sear the top of the short ribs on a hot pan
- Simmer sauce and whisk in half of the roux (or use 2 tablespoons of corn starch that was whisked into 1/4 cup of broth/water) Continue whisking over heat and adding roux until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Pour sauce over short ribs and serve
Our pulled pork is ready to eat!
- Simply eat it in a sandwich!
- Or heat it up and serve with rice and potatoes.
- Or anywhere else you'd like!
It doesn't get any easier than this...
Our Sous Chef Chicken is also available as smoked and salted. The drumsticks and wings are smoked and then sous vide.
Great for when you are in a hurry!
To use, simply warm in hot water to remove from the package and then crisp them up. Enjoy with just a touch of finishing salt, add a favorite sauce, or shred them and use them in any recipe that calls for shredded chicken (tacos, curry, chicken salad, and more!)
Be sure to save those bones to make some amazing stock, too!
Our meatloaf is awesome, amazing texture, organic ingredients and gluten free.
We love to cook.... but LOVE having this around for a fast meal without having to plan ahead!
The salsa version can just have taco toppings added or be used in a tortilla or taco shell! So good....
5 minute meal!
1) Slice thick (Right out of your freezer is even OK!)
2) Sear (you can add a bit of butter if you want, but not needed). Just brown over med-high heat on both sides and warm through.