- 3 large leeks
- 8 oz burrata or ricotta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon
- 10 oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt and Pepper
Cooking the Leeks:
- Preheat oven to 400 °F and position rack in the lower 3rd of your oven.
- Wash and trim the roots and dark green tops of the leeks and discard the first two layers.
- Slice the leeks in half length-wise. Rinse out any remaining dirt and pat dry.
- In a baking sheet drizzle 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Roll leeks in the oil until evenly coated. Season all sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange leeks on the baking sheet cut side down in a single layer. Roast for about 14-18 minutes or until the edges start to brown and the leeks soften.
- Peel and smash 10 cloves of garlic.
- In small sauce pan, over very low heat, combine garlic, 10 anchovy fillets, and 1/2 cup olive oil. Stir occasionally and mash the garlic with a fork once the garlic softens. The garlic and anchovies should be totally dispersed in the oil after about 12-14 minutes.
- Finely chop 1/2 cup of walnuts. Add the walnuts and 2 Tbsp of butter to the sauce pan. Continue to cook the garlic, anchovies, and walnuts for 7-11 minutes until the walnuts are toasted.
To serve, top the roasted leeks with torn up pieces of burrata, walnut dressing, and fresh squeezed lemon juice along side crusty bread!
Add a Comment
Add a Comment